- 3 salmon filet skin off, cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 tbs lemon zest
- 12 garlic cloves
- Black pepper to taste
- 5 tbs tamari or gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 5 tbs water
- 4 tbs olive oil
- Fresh chives and lemon wedges to garnish
- Wooden cocktail sticks
- In a small bowl mix lemon zest, garlic, pepper, tamari, honey, water, and oil. Place salmon pieces in a bowl, cover with marinade, and refrigerate for two hours or overnight. If you don’t have time to wait you can cook straight away but the flavour will be slightly diminished.
- Soak wooden cocktail sticks in cold water to prevent splinting.
- Heat BBQ or fry pan and lightly oil with coconut or olive oil, cook salmon for up to 1-2 minutes and baste the salmon fillets with the marinade while they cook.
- Turn salmon and cook for another 1-2 minutes to your liking.
- Garnish with cocktail sticks, chives, and lemon. Serve with a salad of your choice
This healthy Christmas recipe is brought to you by Naturopath Sandra Stuart from Health Space Bondi Junction.