Counselling is a valuable and important part of self-care.
Health Space Counselling Services are available only at our Kings Cross (Potts Point) & Newtown Clinics
What Is Counselling?
There are many different modalities in counselling and your counsellor tailors the modalities to suit each client’s personality, temperament and unique circumstances. A counselling session provides a judgment free space for someone to be able to explore any aspects of their lives and selves that may be causing discomfort, pain or confusion. Sometimes just speaking with an objective third party can bring relief even when there is no significant distress but you just need to talk through some things with someone outside of family, partners or friends.
Counselling is a process based on an ethos of respect for the client’s values, their beliefs and their right to self-determination. Decision-making can be difficult when your thoughts are muddled and confusing. Counselling is a collaborative relationship, which can help you feel less stuck and help you to move forward and find effective coping strategies for when life feels overwhelming.
A counselling session is completely confidential and counsellors are specifically trained to not give advice, rather, the aim is to to work together to help the client find a way forward that makes sense to them. The only exception being is if there is a risk to ones own, or others lives, and in that instance the counsellor would be sure to provide information and guidance, and to take all necessary steps to keep the client safe and cared for.
Reasons someone might seek counselling:
- Worries of an intra psychic, interpersonal or intra personal nature
- A life problem that is causing worry or distress
- Exploring core beliefs and values
- Working on negative self talk
- Self esteem
- Weight related issues
- The opportunity to be truly heard without any judgment or criticism
- Heightened understanding of self and others
- Reduced stress
- Conflict resolution
- Relief from internal struggles, anxiety and depression
- Problem solving techniques
- Enhanced self esteem
- Learning to be in the present
- Feel supported
- Health insurance providers accepted
- Medi bank private top cover health cover
- Bupa health care
- The Police Force can claim counselling services through their health fund
Carmel Catanuto – Counsellor | Gestalt and Art Therapist Availability:
Ginette Lenham – Counsellor / Psychotherapist Availability: