This Banana & Coconut Bread is dairy, gluten & refined sugar free
- 400g ripe bananas (about 3 medium sized bananas)
- 6 organic eggs
- 4 fresh pitted dates
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) macadamia nut oil, coconut oil or cold pressed olive oil
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 70 g (1/2 cup ) coconut flour
- 20 g (1/4 cup) chia seed (see notes)
- Preheat your oven to 150°C (fan-forced).
- Combine banana, dates, oil, cinnamon, vanilla, eggs and baking powder into a blender or food processor and blend until creamy and combined – alternatively you can do this by hand in a large bowl.
- Add the coconut flour and chia seeds and mix through.
- Rest for 10 minutes to allow the chia and coconut flour to expand.
- Lightly oil one loaf tin and then line with baking paper
- Spoon batter into the tin – at this stage you can decorate the bread with flaked coconut or sliced banana before baking.
- Bake for 50 – 55 minutes (a skewer inserted into the centre should come out dry).
- Cover the top with foil if over-browning.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before turning out the loaf. ENJOY!
Kacy is a Nutritionist at Health Space Kings Cross. To book a consultation, contact the clinic on 8354 1534.