- 50g of barley (soaked for at least 4 hours)
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 1 medium dry bay leaf
- 5 button mushrooms diced
- ¼ C green beans chopped
- ¼ C pumpkin or sweet potato diced small
- 400ml bone broth (stock or water can also be used)
- 2tbsp peas
- 1tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- In a medium sized pot or deep pan, fry the mushrooms in half the oil until golden.
- Season, scoop out of the pan and put them to the side.
- Fry the onion, in the other half of the oil for 2 minutes before adding the thyme, bay leaf and garlic, and fry for 1 minute.
- Add barley and pumpkin, mix with the onions and gradually add the bone broth, stirring frequently. Simmer for 25-30 minutes until the barley is tender, adding more liquid if needed.
- Stir in the peas, beans, nutritional yeast and mushrooms to heat through.
- Serve with your favourite source of quality protein or eat by itself.
Serves 2. Contains approx 7g of Beta Glucans per serve