Winter is all about nourishing your body and boosting your immune system to combat these colder months. Try this immune boosting soup once a week to keep colds and flus at bay. If you start to feel a little under the weather it’s time to cook this magical soup up and nourish your body and boost that immune system.
What you need:
- 4 organic chicken thighs, works best with the bone in and skin on
- 2 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 onion, chopped
- 10 cloves garlic, crushed ?(1 whole bulb)
- 2 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated turmeric or 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 litres organic chicken bone broth
- 2 bunches coriander, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, raw and unfiltered
How to do it:
- Melt the coconut oil in a large pot, place the chicken, onion, carrot, celery, zucchini and fry for a few minutes.
- Add paprika, pinch of salt and pepper, give it a good stir and simmer for another couple of minutes.
- Add the broth, bring to a boil then simmer and cook on a low heat for 2 hours.
- Add in the garlic, turmeric and ginger cook for another 10-15minutes once flavours have infused.
- Remove the chicken from the soup, pull the meat apart and discard the bone, then add the meat to soup.
- Stir through the coriander and taste to see if it needs any additional seasoning.
- Remove from heat, add the lemon juice and add the apple cider vinegar one tablespoon at a time, stir and taste until you reach your preference. I like 4 tablespoons.
Then enjoy this deliciousness To learn more about how to improve your immunity this winter speak to our Nutritionist Diana located at the Surry Hills and Kingsford Clinics.