Healthy homemade chocolate recipe
Makes 300g chocolate, or more depending on additions.
- 300g raw cacao butter, chopped or purchased as buttons
- 40-80g raw cacao powder
- 30-70g sweetener (honey, maple syrup, rice malt syrup, coconut nectar)
- 1-2 tsp vanilla bean powder or natural vanilla extract
- 4-6 pinches of ground sea or Himalayan salt
- Optional extras – such as berries, nuts, spices, dried fruits, nut butters, buckinis or essential oils.
- Add cacao butter to Thermomix (or blender) and grate 6 sec/speed 8.
- Scrape down sides with spatula and then melt 12 mins / 45C / speed 3 — this can be done in a saucepan
- Add cacao powder, sweetener, vanilla and salt. Mix 8 mins / 40C / speed 3
- Stir in your extra additions (or wait to sprinkle on top afterwards)
- Pour into molds or onto trays lined with baking paper, and place flat in the fridge to set. Pour extras over top if desired
- Once set, pop them out of molds or cut / break into bite sized pieces