Want a simple and healthy alternative to bread? Something to put your smashed avocado on, or dip into your winter soup?
Look no further than this delicious flatbread, made from wholesome ingredient and just the ticket for this chilly weather.
Perfect if you’re gluten intolerant as these are gluten and dairy free, and made with vegetables and seeds, so they’re pack full of nutrients.
- 350g broccoli and cauliflower cut into florets
- 3-4 tablespoons of mixed chopped herbs (I used fresh thyme, parsley and chives)
- ½ cup flaxseed meal
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius, line an oven tray with baking paper
- Put broccoli and cauliflower into a food processor and blend till rice-like consistency
- Put broccoli and cauliflower rice into a large bowl
- Add all other ingredients and mix well
- Spoon mixture onto the oven tray and press mixture down with your hands to approx. 5mm thick
- Bake for 25 minutes till firm and lightly browned
- For a crispier flatbread, try spreading the mixture thinner on a larger tray, and baking for an extra 10 minutes
- Allow to cook on tray then cut into slices
Enjoy with soup or your favourite toppings, such as hummus, pesto or smashed avocado.