The Top Ten Stressors That Exhaust Your Adrenals
- Mental and emotional stress
- Digestive imbalance: leaky gut, candida, parasites
- Food stress: nutrient depleted foods, high-glycemic foods
- Immune system imbalance
- Toxic exposure
- Sleep quality and quantity
- Eating too close to bedtime
These are the top 10 culprits that are robbing you of energy, vitality, and the life you deserve.
Your adrenals are on continual overload. The tolls & worries of modern life, such as financial debt, family issues, job, deadlines and relationship problems, cause your body prepare for a major stressful or life-threatening event. Your body does not know the difference between mental/ emotional stress and actual life-threatening events. When stress arises, your body prepares to run from a hungry predator.
The other areas, such as hidden inflammation and reactions to food, are also major stressors for the body and can be remedied with proper food and nutrition.
Many people do not realise that eating too close to bedtime not only disrupts sleep but also assaults the adrenals during the time they would normally be repairing.
If any of these stressors are part of your life, you are not alone. The most important thing to remember is to be kind to yourself and understand that your body is doing what it is supposed to do. Be grateful, then take action to protect yourself.
There are actions you can take right away to protect yourself and revitalise.
- Sleep more
- Worry less
- Avoid eating close to bedtime and avoid those foods you are intolerant to
- When you do get stressed, you can do short bursts of exercise, like squats at your desk or running up and down stairs, to burn off all the extra sugar in your blood as a result of your body preparing to run
- Actively de-stressing with regular yoga and meditation will also serve to relax and revitalise your stressed out adrenal glands
- You can eat more whole foods, avoid eating on the run and keep your blood sugar balanced by choosing your foods carefully
It is entirely possible to repair your adrenals and feel vital and alive again.
Health Space Hornsby