Facts you didn’t know about the famous Vietnamese Beef Noodle:
- Culinary expert Andrea Nguyen states that Pho was inspired by French cuisine, pot au feu in the 1880’s.
- The soup contains 3 ingredients that Chinese Medicinal herbalists use in formulas for treating Colds:
- Ba Jiao Hui Xiang (Star Anise)
- Sheng Jiang (Ginger)
- Gui Zhi (Cinnamon)
- Not to mention the onion, garlic and lemon dressing, all of which has some immune boosting effects.
- Dr. Oz likened pho to chicken soup, just with added spices.
- Pho can still provide medicinal benefits when made vegetarian or vegan because the spices, rice noodles, herbs and vegetables don’t change.
- You have probably heard bone broths are the new Coffee. Bone broths take a minimum of 4 hours to make. Save yourself that time by going to a traditional Vietnamese restaurant for Pho.
- Tip: ask your Vietnamese friends for recommendations. Not all Pho restaurants hold to a high standard of Quality.
- You can eat pho to improve your immune system and prevent poor health.
I myself as a practitioner LOVE prescribing Pho to my sick patients, including myself.