Now that Spring is here, it's time for a spring clean for the body.
A dietary cleanse aims to remove toxins that have built up in the body, due to a poor diet with high amounts of processed foods, toxic environment from chemicals in cleaning and beauty products and too much alcohol, sugar and caffeine.
A few essential things to do to achieve a optimal cleanse over a 2-3 weeks period:
- Eliminate certain foods: processed grains, processed sugar, caffeine, colours and additives
- Reduce red meat consumption
- Eliminate the toxins from your home: by chemical free products for your personal care and cleaning products
- Rehydrate with plenty of water and herbal teas, at least 3 litres per day: Choose teas that will benefit your digestive systems and liver function like Dandelion root, St Mary's and green tea.
- Load up on lots of fruits and vegetables
- Exercise 30 min every day doing something that you enjoy.
Boost your breakfast with this detox juice for the quickest way to cleanse the body
This detox juice is rich in potassium from the spinach and will also help to reduce fluid retention. The pectin from the apple will act as a soluble fibre helping to prevent constipation and regulate cholesterol levels.
Detox juice with spinach, kale and apple
- 1 cup of spinach or kale
- 2 small green apples
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon of linseeds (flax)
- 100ml coconut water or plain water
- Put all the ingredients into a blender. Add ice if desired
Come in to see one of the Naturopaths at Health Space to help you achieve your detox goal!
Bianca Hussey Naturopath
Health Space Hornsby