Machelle is passionate about healthy living. She knows from her own experience that making your health your number one priority is the foundation for having the vitality to live life to the full.
She was inspired by Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) over twenty years ago, when she turned her own health around through a combination of supplements, improved diet, herbs and acupuncture. Today, she enjoys sharing her knowledge and enthusiasm through educating others on diet and lifestyle choices while treating them with herbs and acupuncture. She uses these techniques to help individuals overcome their acute and chronic health challenges. Machelle is also experienced in assisting women through pregnancy, treating children and supporting couples for natural fertility management including IVF acupuncture support.
Machelle's training includes studies at The Sydney Institute for Traditional Chinese Medicine and internships at Guan An Men Hospital Beijing and Jianxi TCM Teaching Hospital Nanchang. She continually updates and expands her knowledge by regularly attending seminars, learning from internationally recognised researchers and clinicians and holding regular meetings with colleagues. This keeps her up to date with the latest industry knowledge and advancements in Natural Medicine to use in her practice.
Machelle uses Chinese Medicine theory and its unique diagnosis to provide individualised treatments. She often tailors her treatments to work with other health practitioners and highly regards the preference of her patients to combine various approaches to health. She believes that a combination of TCM and western medicine can help individuals achieve optimum health.
Areas of Experience:
- Digestive disorders - irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, diarrhea, bloating
- IVF Support/Fertility Support - for both female and male prior to and during IVF treatments
- Female health - support for those with PCO(S), Endometriosis, irregular periods, painful periods
- Pregnancy - care throughout the pregnancy and preparation for labour
- Immune & Respiratory Health - sinusitis, tonsillitis, allergies, asthma, colds and flu, post viral support, chronic fatigue, weak immune system
- Stress – assisting in management of those with busy work and life styles
- Children’s Health – anxiety, immune health, active kids with aches and pains, HSC stress support
Machelle (Shelley) Boothroyd - Acupuncturist | Chinese Herbal Medicine Practitioner Availability:
[MAKE AN APPOINTMENT via our webform]