Cauliflower & Cashew Soup
A delicious and nutritious soup to add antioxidants, anti-inflammatory ingredients, fiber and good fats into your diet and make your body strong enough to fight against inflammation caused by stress, cold/flu common in winter and support your digestion too.
Recipe (Serves 6):
- 2 small cauliflowers chunks or 1 large chunk
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 3⁄4 cup of soaked cashew nuts (preferably soak in water for 1 hour)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 small onion
- 1 teaspoon of miso paste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of Curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Juice of 1 orange or lemon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 garlic
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 280 ° C
- Roast the cauliflower for 30 min or until it becomes darker.
- In a sauce pan, sauté the onions in coconut oil. Add the spices and herbs (curry, turmeric, salt, pepper, garlic and cinnamon) and stir well.
- Let everything cool down
- Put all the ingredients (including the baked cauliflower) in a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Blend until you reach a creamy consistency.
- Reheat in the same pan that you used to sauté the onion.
- Serve with fresh herbs such as rosemary, thyme and basil.