Could You Be Magnesium Deficient? Consider These 8 Warning Signs.
A CSIRO study of Australian adults found the daily intake of Magnesium was below the RDI for:
- 50% of all males tested
- 39% of all females
• Poor dietary intake • ↓ green leafy vegetables, nuts and seeds, grains
• Poor absorption • Gut issues, diarrhoea
• Hyper-excretion • Diuretics, alcohol, coffee, drugs, pH imbalance
• Increased demand • stress, pregnancy, exercise, ageing
Why do we need Magnesium ?
Magnesium is crucial for over 300 different biochemical functions within the body. These functions
can be summarised as involving:
- Blood pressure regulation
- Blood sugar control
- Energy metabolism
- Glutathione production
- Nerve function
- Neurotransmitter release
- Protein synthesis
Thus, a lack of magnesium can manifest in a variety of ways indicating less than optimal health.
Check out these 11 commons signs of magnesium deficiency to see if they sound familiar
- Cognitive delays
- Muscle pain, cramping, or fibromyalgia
- Osteoporosis or frequent bone fractures
- Diabetes or imbalanced blood sugar
- Heart arrhythmia
- High blood pressure
- Anxiety and Depression
- Constipation & Irregularity
If you are thinking of supplementing, remember not all magnesium supplements are the same. If
you would like to find out the best one for you or help with changing your diet to include more
magnesium foods, why not book a consult with Marie, your Clinical Nutritionist at Kingsford.