BACK TO BASICS WEEK 3: THINK WELL - How the Mind & Body Relate....
Generally speaking, we tend to think of our minds and bodies as separate, and therefore functioning independent of each other. However, there is more to the story than that.
Most of us can relate to having an experience where we felt the effect of a thought or feeling in our body:
- Do you remember the last time you had an interview for a job that you really wanted, and you could feel the knot of anticipation in your gut?
- Before embarking on a first date, did you experience butterflies in your stomach?
- Have you had to make a presentation in front of a large audience? Could you feel our heart pounding in your chest?
These are all common experiences.
Our thoughts and feelings effect us directly.
And this interaction is critical: It will determine our experience of our life each and every day.
During the Back to Basics month, when we are referring to Think Well this week, we are referring to what is happening in our minds (thoughts and beliefs) and how this is impacting our bodies and overall health.
Are our thoughts and beliefs serving us or are they not? If they are not serving us, is this creating disharmony in the body which then manifests as illness and disease?
Some of the questions you can ask yourself to determine whether you're Thinking Well are:
- Do you feel stick in any area of your life?
- Do you ever experience a recurring situation/feeling/pattern? Maybe it's in your relationship to your partner, or in your communication with certain people at work?
- Do you find yourself getting annoyed and resentful because you see other people enjoying their lives, and you don't feel as if you have any time to do the things you really want to be doing?
- Are you disconnected from yourself and/or those around you?
- Do you know what you TRULY want?
- How does your relationship to your body/money/loved ones ACTUALLY make you feel?
- Do you have difficulty making decisions, and feel like there is endless chatter in your head that it's difficult to think clearly sometimes?
LEARNING = EMPOWERMENT
Learning the language of your body and its symptoms helps you to better understand what may be going on in your mind - what are you seeking or avoiding, and why.
Once you have an understanding of WHY you may be feeling or thinking certain things, you gain PERSONAL POWER because the awareness of the WHY brings new possibilities of how you can move forwards.
Our kinesiologists, Mind Body Medicine Practitioners and Coaches are professionals who can assist you in your journey moving from where you ARE to where you want to BE. By decoding the mind and body connection, we can assist in identifying what's holding you back from living a life you love, restoring balance in all areas of health, both emotional and physical.
Get in touch if you have any questions - we are offering 50% off initial consultations during the Back to Basics Think Well week.
Available for consults on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at Health Space Potts Point
Call 02 8354 1534